Are you looking for help with your hearing but don’t know how to start?
We can help.
Today’s choices can leave you with more questions than answers. There are many avenues available to you, and many different kinds of devices that may be helpful. So how do you know where to begin?
The first step is a complete hearing evaluation to get an accurate assessment of your current hearing. Some hearing losses can be treated medically, while others are permanent and are treated with the use of hearing aids. We provide diagnostic hearing exams for people of all ages, and can communicate with your primary care physician should any medical problems be noted. The audiologist will discuss your hearing results at your first visit, and counsel you regarding your options.
If hearing aids are recommended, the audiologist will recommend types which best meet your individual needs. This involves thinking about your lifestyle, the listening situations that cause you difficulty, and the financial cost of the hearing aids. Our audiologists will work with you to select the manufacturer and model that will perform the best for you on all of these fronts.
It is hard to overstate just how important your hearing is. Over time, hearing loss can cause the world to become quiet and social interactions to be frustrating and difficult. Many people withdraw from activities that they enjoy because of the strain of listening, which can also be very tiring. Recent studies have even correlated hearing loss with an increased risk of cognitive decline.
- Comprehensive hearing evaluation from infants to adults.
- Recommendation and fitting/verification of hearing aids.
- Tinnitus assessment and treatment.
- Service and repair of hearing aids of most makes/manufacturers.
- Walk-in availability for small repairs and problems from 9AM – Noon and 1 – 4PM.
- Wax removal.
- Custom-made earplugs including musician’s plugs, swim plugs and hunter’s plugs.
- Recreational earmolds for use with MP3 players, office phones, and Bluetooth devices.
- Hearing aid batteries and accessories.
- FM system recommendation and verification.
- Recommendation of assistive listening devices.
We have two office locations, our original location in Brattleboro, Vermont, and our satellite office in Swanzey, New Hampshire, which opened in January of 2020.
Located on the beautiful Winston Prouty (former Austine School) campus, at 130 Austine Drive, Suite 210, Brattleboro, VT 05301. We are in Holton Hall, the large brick building at the top of the campus, up the stairs or the elevator to the first floor, and reception is on your right. We can be reached at (802) 254-3922, or by fax at (802) 258-9512.
Swanzey, New Hampshire
Located in the Swanzey Homestead Offices at 217G Old Homestead Highway, Swanzey, NH 03446. We have an accessible, exterior entrance on the front right of the building. We can be reached in Swanzey at (603) 354-3325, or by fax at (603) 354-3147.
You may also send us a message!